Functional movement

Share:
As you age, joint problems, muscle sprains happen more often. The body become more sluggish and slow. I've just recovered from a nasty knee sprain last November and performing functional movement as below helped in my recovery and put a little more spring into my steps. I'm feeling more agile as I was 5 years ago.

To the uninitiated, functional movement are exercises like gorilla walk (shihan has been teaching us functional movement all along!), worm crawl, and basically any other movement that moves the entire body and make my knees cry. 😭

What's important to note about functional movement (and just about any other exercises), there are no wrong techniques. Perform it to the best of your ability according to your own body, not the instructors.

Enjoy!





No comments